Friday, January 23, 2015

Let's Begin Again

Today I am five weeks pregnant. I am a week away from my ultrasound that will tell me if there is a heartbeat. I am nervous as all get out – but excited. I have no idea how we will handle a new addition to our family. It all seems insane – but there are a lot of people out there who do it. People who have more than 2 kids even! The truth is you just figure it out.

This pregnancy – well we were trying for it, but I decided to take up running with my friend/coworker, Heather four weeks before finding out. I was a little devastated to decide to quit running. My doctor said I could continue running, but because I am so new at it, I am very nervous to put too much strain on my body. The risk isn't worth it.

Heather and I had it in our plans to do the Couch to 5k program. Well, she is still doing it. We were recording our journey on Instagram (@no.resolutions). It kept me very motivated. I posted nearly every day. So, when I decided to take it easy and not run, I felt like I was letting a lot of people down. We have like 15 followers for crying out loud! I even watched Heather’s motivation begin to taper down. This was unacceptable to me. So, I told her we shall continue our journey – I will continue to walk with her during her weekday runs.


Today was a run day, a little off schedule I might add, but it was really nice to get out. It also remains very important to me that I continue to be active during this pregnancy. Heather has her motivation back, which is good because she has to run alone the next two days to catch up! 

Our weekday route is really nice. There are geese, ducks, herons and other birds I don’t recognize. As she is running laps around me, I notice the bushes rustling and hope a scorpion or snake doesn’t jump out at me… she’d be able to reach me in time to suck the poison out of my leg, I am sure.


Let this be the beginning of the journey of my fitness during pregnancy while cheering on my friend who started what we thought would be a dual victory! Once I am ready to share my news with everyone, I will start posting my journey along side Heather’s on IG! Stay tuned!

XO,
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment